If you ever wondered how to make CBD Oil, it is actually very easy to do. There are many reasons people want to know how to make CBD oil at home. You can use it in an edible recipe, topical salves or even just as a tincture and enjoy the versatility of having total control over how much plant medicine you want. In this article, we will explain how to make CBD oil at the comfort of your own home.
There are 2 Steps on How To Make CBD Oil
Heres how to make CBD oil at home; you'll need to follow two important steps: decarboxylation and infusion. While it sounds complex in theory, there's nothing too difficult about either step. The first step on how to make CBD oil involves turning raw CBD flower into its activated form so that it can be absorbed. The second step on how to make CBD oil will be the infusion process that allows the cannabinoids like CBD to absorb into the oil.
How To Make CBD Oil Step One: Decarboxylate Your CBD Flower
The first step on how to make CBD oil is to decarboxylate the CBD flower. The compounds in raw cannabis plants become activated and bioavailable through heat. When decarboxylating cannabis in an oven, be aware that the dial on your oven is more of an average temperature than a pinpoint setting. Keep track and watch carefully because if it turns brown too quickly or smells like burning you should turn down heat accordingly.
You will need
How to Make CBD Oil Step Two: Infusion
The second step on how to make CBD oil is to infuse the CBD flower into an oil. When CBD flower is steeped in oil, the cannabinoids will bind with fatty acid molecules such as olive oil or coconut oil. When that happens CBD leaves the plant material and becomes concentrated into the oil.
You will need:
*** To find the mg/serving use this equation: Total CBD mg divided by ML of oil. For example (1500mg CBD / 60ml =25mg CBD / ml)***
- Fill the saucepan halfway with water and place it on the stove on medium heat
- Place the glass pyrex measuring cup on top of the saucepan. This creates a double boiling system, so the oil isn't on direct heat.
- Add your carrier oil and decarboxylated CBD flower to the glass pyrex. Continue to heat the CBD flower and oil over a low heat for 30 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use a thermometer to make sure the oil stays right around 130 to 150°F while infusing.
- When the time is up, position the cheesecloth over a glass bowl or mason jar. Pour the CBD and oil mixture through the strainer. Gather the cheesecloth and gently squeeze out the excess oil from the CBD flower.
- Transfer the strained cannabis-infused oil into a storage container. It is best to use a glass storage container with a tight-fitting lid. Store the finished oil in a cool dark location.
Now that you know how to make CBD oil, you can take in directly by mouth, use it in recipes or give it to your pets!